HGH – Human Growth Hormone OR Somatropin
Explore here the facts about HGH or somatropin along with its uses and benefits. A list of positive and negative effects of human growth hormone is also given here.
What is HGH?
HGH is the abbreviation of human growth hormone and sometimes called just GH means growth hormone which is its formal name. It is also called somatotropin or somatropin. HGH is a powerful anabolic protein-based peptide hormone and is produced naturally by the pituitary gland in the human brain and other animals. It motivates the growth of body, muscles, cartilage, bones, replication of cells and regeneration. Although the GH keeps producing the whole life but its creation is in abundance in youth stages. In childhood it motivates the natural growth and metabolism process. HGH was first isolated in 1956 and the doctors soon started to use it in treatments. First it was received from pituitary glands of dead people but now it is produced synthetically on large scales and is mostly available in the form of hg supplements and injections. Today the somatropin is the active component in several prescription drugs. Scientifically somatropin is 191-amino acid, single-chain polypeptide. It is a type of mitogen and is of Recombinant Human Growth Hormone drug class. The most common available brands are Norditropin, Saizen, ZorbtiveHumatrope, Serostim, Tev-tropin, Nutropin, Omnitrope and Genotropin.
Benefits and Uses of HGH
As obvious from its name, the HGH or somatropin is concerned to growth. It is used to gain extra mass, muscles and well grown body. It has been widely used by athletes but after 1980, the Olympic Committee banned its use. Commercially it is used in large number of medicines and supplements. Followings are main things for which the hgh is generally used.
Approved Uses of HGH
- It is used in children to regulate their natural growth and to deal with short stature.
- It is directly provided to the patient of hg hormone deficiency.
- It has treating effect on Turner’s syndrome and Prader-Willi syndrome which cause ill development and sexual hormone deficiencies etc.
- Chronic insufficiency of kidney is treated with somatropin.
- It is used for the treatment of the children born small for gestational age.
- HGH has a good effect in the treatment of Short bowel syndrome in adults.
- Sometimes it is used in pituitary tumors treatment.
- In some cases when the adults fall in muscle wasting diseases due to HIV, this hormone is used to deal with this disease.
Unapproved Uses of HG Hormone
- A large number of persons use it to make their outlook good and attractive.
- Human Growth Hormone is an amazing drug that reverses the signs of aging in adults.
- Some sportsmen apply somatropin to elevate their performance level.
- Athletes and body bodybuilder use it for muscle building and power.
- It is sometimes used to increase the natural HGH level within the body.
- Some persons take it to treat baldness and to grow hair faster
- Women and girls use to brighten their skin and glow their color.
- It is thought to boost the working of immune system.
- There is a trend to use HGH for higher energy levels.
- It is taken to boost the sex capacity and fertility chances.
- Somatropin is injected to have a better sleep.
- It is taken as a memory booster and brain function enhancer.
But all these uses are not medically approved and recommended.
Benefits of HGH for Bodybuilders
A growing number of bodybuilders use illegal growth hormones. If you are a bodybuilder
- It makes your bones physically powerful and strong.
- Latest studies revealed that it converts your fat to energy. So it is a good idea to convert your obesity to power and force.
- It works as a tonic for kidney and heart.
- Giving a proper sleep, hgh makes the best use of your rest time making you prepared for the next workouts.
- As this hormone boosts up the synthesis of new protein, so it helps the muscle formation, rebuilding and repair.
- Being a stimulator of growth, it provides you a big amount of energy.
Are the Effects of HGH Permanent?
Some say that the effects of Human Growth Hormone are largely permanent and that is why it is frequently used. Before talking about the permanency of the HGH effects, first I will have to see its real effects. Actually it is being used on large scales for the purposes which are not medically recommended. Most of the people only know about the claims which they have heard in the online or TV commercials. They have believed the sentences which they have read in the newspapers. The marketers and manufacturers are molding their minds towards so called countless benefits of hgh. They tell that this hormone will put the vehicle of their biological life in reverse gear. I don’t say all this is wrong but what I want to say is that it is hard to tell the actual results if you use hgh for above mentioned objectives. Similarly there is no medical evidence which may exactly predict the duration of these effects. Even if you get your purpose, not only me but none is able to forecast the end time of these effects. These effects may be temporary, long duration, permanent or even zero too. From what I’ve heard, unlike AAS the results from HGH are “permanent” even after you finish taking the compound.
HGH is Not a Steroid
As the human growth hormone is used to increase the muscle mass and force so it looks like a steroid but in actual it is not a steroid. Steroids are the chemicals used for the same purpose. Apparently both give about similar results however the method of working is quite different. The muscle mass gained with HGH is almost permanent unlike steroids. When we talk about the muscle builder supplement, the human muscles are grown through two processes i.e. hypertrophy and hyperplasia. Steroids cause muscle gain by the first method while the Somatropin increase the muscles and weight by the second one. First one (Hypertrophy) is a process in which synthesis of protein gets speed up and thus size of each individual muscle cell increases. While in the second process (hyperplasia), the number of muscle cells is increased instead of size. So the HGH is not a steroid nor works like steroids.
Here are the side effects or the negative factors of using hgh or somatropin. Some are temporay and some are of these are permanent.
- Chest Pain – In rare case chest pain has been experienced after hgh cycle application.
- Sleepiness – It may raise a need of sleep especially after mid day period. Most of the users have felt it.
- Growth of birthmarks greater than before
- Loss of voice
- Reduced Touch Sense – There may a reduction in your touch sense.
- Croakiness or rough voice
- Airless nose
- Palm and Wrist Disturbance –There may be a disturbance like pinning and needling and a sense of sleep in the palm and wrist area. It is called carpal tunnel syndrome. It is because that the use of HGH increases the mass of your wrist. Your body takes some time to adopt it. This problem is felt in the very start and is vanished gradually as the body gets accompanied of changes.
- Lack of interest or happiness
- Hair fall
- Lack of hunger
- Eye Vision – You may get blurred vision and weak eyesight.
- Sense of Swollenness – The HGH user may feel his face and other body parts as tighten and swollen. It is once again due to extra mass gain. This feeling stay for some days and goes away as your body accepts new changes in the structure.
- Common feeling of uneasiness or sickness
- Painful throat
- Ear Problem – If someone has Turner’s syndrome and uses somatropin, may get ear infection, ear throbbing, ear congestion or some other trouble in the ear region.
- Pains – In some cases it is seen that the people who use hgh feel some pains, especially in the morning time when they wake up. These are not harsh pains. It happens like the same situation as you feel after first workout, over-workouts and when you do exercise after many days gap.
- Strange fatigue or weakness
- Experiencing miserable or empty
- Anxiety – This hormone may increase the nervousness and tension.
- Blood sugar Decline – When someone uses hgh, he may face a sudden fall in blood sugar level. It is known as hypoglycemia. It may be followed by a harsh hunger attack. The situation is most probably to take place after an exercise, workout or when you do some physical work. In my observation, this condition may persist to after 15 days even you give up the hgh dose.
- To feel cold
- Swelling of breasts
- Headache – You may have mild to severe headache if you use this hormone.
- Abnormal Heart Beat – Your heart beat may get slower or faster than normal.
- Skinny pain
- Dehydrated skin and hair
- Joint soreness
- The high doses of somatropin may cause increase the size of your finger, bones and other body organs. This condition is called acromegaly. It is a serious condition however does not occur in lower doses hgh cycle. Even sometimes the higher doses do not cause it essentially.
- Trouble in moving
- Growth of Cancer Cells – Think with a sense. I stated that hgh makes the body cells growth faster. Then what will happen if someone has cancer cells. They too must grow faster and it may be a life risk. So in my opinion a cancer patient should not use it.
- Gooey nose
- Back ache
- Leukemia – The patients who were treated with this hormone, some of them suffered from Leukemia. But the doctors are not sure if it was caused by hgh or some other reason.
- Inflamed joints
- Cough or cough producing mucus
- Some may develop diabetes too.
- Size Of Internal Organs – It is the most dangerous risk. HGH may increase the size of external as well as the internal organs. It is a big trouble if the size of liver, kidneys and heart gets imbalanced. More over the arteries may overdevelop internally and cause myocardial infarction or hypertension.
- Muscles may get ache contractions or hardness
Keep in mind that like the positive effects, these negative effects too are not sure to take place. These may or may not happen. So you can use HGH or somatropin but with care. The better thing is to consult a medical practitioner.