Eating Smart Ones Every Meal: More than 90% of people do not eat their recommended amount of fruits and vegetables. The amounts of fruits and vegetables you need each day may seem daunting, however fruits and veggies provide the unrivalled combination of great taste, nutrition, and abundant variety. Eating a colourful variety provides a wide range of valuable nutrients like antioxidants, fiber, photochemical, vitamins, and potassium. Fruits and vegetables can be a convenient mealtime accompaniment or daytime snack. And remember that all forms of fruits and veggies count fresh, frozen, canned, dried, and 100% juice.
Eat Fruits and Veggies
Fruits and veggies pack a nutritional punch and can be an important part of good health and eating smart ones every meal is sign of good health. People who eat fruits and veggies in general experience better health. Additionally, one of the best ways to maintain weight may be to replace junk foods with fruits and veggies. Studies have shown that people who eat at least 4 1/2 cups of fruits and
vegetables a day are less likely to be obese.
Recommended amounts vary anywhere from 2-5 cups a day or eating smart ones every meal , depending on your age, gender, and level of activity, but a good rule of thumb is to make fruits and vegetables about half of what you eat at every meal. The USDA defines part of a healthy diet as one that is rich in fruits and vegetables. While the amount depends on many factors, the government’s food guidelines recommend consuming an average of 2 1/2 cups a day of vegetables and 1 1/2 cups a day of fruits.
Get More Fruits and Veggies Every Day
Eating smart ones every meal here are some easy ways to get more fruits in
vegetables into your daily routine:
- Grind up veggies to hide in meatloaf and soups.
- Cut up fruits and veggies so they are ready for a quick snack; baby carrots and edamame are a cinch.
- Frozen grapes and banana slices make a cool treat.
- Include lettuce, tomatoes, and onions on all your sandwiches and wraps.
- Forget tortilla chips! Eat raw veggies with your favourite dips and salsas.
- Take advantage of summer berries; add to muffins, pancakes, cereal, and salads.
- Don’t forget about dried fruits. They make an easy on-the-go snack.
- Shop your local outdoor produce markets for a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Select a frozen 100% fruit bar as a simple and sweet snack.
Be Your Best
Every step taken toward eating more fruits and veggies and eating smart ones every meal, getting more physical activity helps individuals be at their best.