When it comes to our physical appearance, many people take great pride in how they look and their overall appearance. They spend their hard earned money on beauty creams, moisturisers, gels, foams, treatments, and other products which are designed to make them look and feel better about themselves. Take the skin for instance, for men and women all over the world, young and old, the condition of their skin plays a big factor in how attractive they may look and feel. Unfortunately, the skin is prone to bouts of acne, spots, blemishes and pimples which can severely affect a person’s self esteem and self confidence. As well as that, people who suffer from acne are also prone to pretty obvious looking acne scars. There are several forms of acne scars treatment, as well as other procedures and products designed to tackle the effects of spots and pimples, but which actually work? If you suffer from acne, spots and pimples, then here are some simple and natural ways to treat your skin and have it back to the condition it was once in.
Pimples, especially for teenagers, are a serious nuisance. For severe cases of acne and as prescribed by dermatologists, acne laser treatment may be the most effective form of treatment. In some cases, pimples are treated and prevented by doing the following skin regimen.
1. Eat more fruit and vegetables – It’s a proven scientific fact that fruits and vegetables are packed full of healthy vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These healthy ingredients can all work together to improve the condition of your skin, as well as your immune system and overall physical health. Vitamin C is especially handy for treating spots and pimples and leaving the skin looking healthy and youthful.
2. Use fresh lemon juice – Still sticking with the fruit theme, lemon juice is a fantastic way to treat spots and pimples on your face, or any other part of your body for that matter. To use it, simply slice a lemon in half, and then rub the fleshy exposed side onto any pimples or spots. It may sting a little, but this is a good sign as this means that it’s working. Leave it on for as long as you can tolerate, a minimum of 20 minutes, and then rinse it away with fresh warm water.
3. Use tea tree oil – Tea tree oil is one of the best natural treatments for spots and pimples in the entire world. It can be purchased in all good cosmetic and health stores, is inexpensive, smells pleasant, and works quickly. For best results, apply a generous amount of tea tree oil to the pimples before you go to bed, and leave it on overnight. The next morning the pimples will have improved a great deal. Repeat this process again the next night until they’re gone.
4. Close your pores with ice – Pimples can form when our pores become blocked with oil and other grime, and then become inflamed. Many people tend to wash their faces, and then rub ice cubes over their pores. This severe coldness forces the pores closed. Closed pores means they can’t become blocked full of grime and oil, and you’re less likely to suffer from spots and pimples.
5. Wash face daily
Gone are the days when as kids, having grime and dirt the whole day will not cause acne on your pre-pubescent skin. As teens, it is very important to wash your face in the morning and at night to remove oil and dirt build up which blocks pores and causes pimples. Use a mild facial wash adept to your skin type.
6. Apply topical acne product
There are plenty of over-the counter products in supermarkets and drugstores with active ingredients to reduce or stop acne from forming. It usually takes time before you find the right product that works for you. Don’t hesitate to try different products if you’re not settled with what you’re using now. Read up on product reviews online, too. Products that contain benzoyl peroxide and/or salicylic acid are highly recommended. Apply only when face has been washed and dried properly with a clean washcloth.
7. Don’t pop those pimples.
Picking on your skin only aggravates your skin condition. It’s quite tempting to keep touching or picking your pimple because it’s presence is, after all,
bothersome. But doing so can cause scarring and inflammation and may get infected from your hands. Wash your hands frequently if you can’t stop yourself from touching your face.
8. Eat healthy and exercise daily.
No one is ever too young to have a healthy and well-balanced lifestyle. Eat fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins A, C and E. Consume foods with essential fatty acids like Omega 3. A healthy diet can help improve your skin’s condition and lessen acne. Stock up your ref and cupboards with green and yellow fruits and veggies, fish liver oils, berries, avocados, nuts, and whole grains. Exercising daily also balances your lifestyle by promoting a good blood flow and helping relieve stress.
9. Do research on natural remedies.
Treating pimples with natural remedies are not only cost-efficient but can also be more effective than some commercial products. Lemon juice and apple cider vinegar are a favorite natural remedy. Honey is an effective albeit sticky antimicrobial mask that rejuvenates and helps clear up the skin.