The first thing that comes to my mind when seeing an aloe plant is how deceiving the outside of it looks. With it’s prickly nature and sharp edges it gives the wrong impression, because in reality this is a plant of miracles. This plant has been used for healing a multitude of medical symptoms for thousands of years for a good reason. It is deemed the “wonder plant” and with all of the healing powers I think it’s an appropriate title. Just make sure you handle it with care and you are good to go!
Aloe Vera is a plant species that does not occur in nature but rather is cultivated and used for it’s healing properties. It is frequently mentioned as a tool in herbal and alternative medicine. This medicinal plant has so many uses and benefits including:
- Heals burns and wounds
- Gives you vitamins and minerals that your body needs
- Skin care
- Hair care
- Dental Hygiene
- Boosts your energy levels
- Helps support your immune system
- Helps with digestion
- Relieves muscle and joint pain
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps with detoxification
This list is impressive but I’m sure there are many more!
If one plant can help in so many areas then what does it really cost you to check it out and see what it’s all about?
You can purchase the plant at almost any grocery store. It might look a little strange but it’s really very easy to prepare. Have the magical goo in your hands ready to use in 3 easy steps:
- Cut the base of the plant (Root side) off with a knife and discard
- Make another cut based on how much of the leaf you will use
(Keep in mind aloe is best used fresh but storing it in the refrigerator helps preserve it if you didn’t use it all)
- Take the knife and carefully cut the prickley sides off (Set the leaf vertical so you can make 2 quick vertical cuts)
- Take the knife and scrape off the gel as close to the outside of the plant as possible
And now you have this slimey gooey goodness that you can do so much with!
Here are some of the ways I use it in my everyday life:
- Put it in your juices or smoothies throughout the day. You will be surprised that it doesn’t really change the taste!
- Mash it up and use it on your skin as a natual moisturizer for soft skin
- Take the gel and mash it up so that you can rub your scalp with it to help with hair growth. You can also put it in your shampoo or conditioner to give it a moisturizing spike!
- Use it on minor cuts and burns by rubbing the gel on it
- Use it for sunburns for immediate and wonderful relief
I also came across this natural remedy that I use sometimes and it makes me feel really good…
Take the gel of the aloe plant and add honey and water. Blend it and store in a sealed container in the fridge. Sip it throughout the day for amazing health benefits. So easy to do and it tastes good!