How do we remain healthy during winter? – There are several ways you can stay healthy during the winter that are easy to apply. If we have a state of boredom or a tired face, pale, without mood, we should not blame only the winter, but also the routine, diet, sleep, etc. Our overall appearance, the skin, the expression on our face may betray a state of malaise that is not always created by the cold weather outside or the winter season, but is a consequence of our health.
Suggestions for being healthy during winter
- Before bed, ventilate the room in which you sleep for 5-10 minutes. In the winter months, it is good that the sleep lasts for 8 hours; 30 minutes before sleep, it is advisable to make a trip outside. If you do not want to get out, you can sit at the window or balcony for a few minutes to breathe deeply.
- When bathing or showering, do not keep the window open.
- During morning, it is advisable to do some refreshing exercises.
- Breakfast is good to be warm and to contain fruits and vegetables. For the body to be healthy and be fed body for maximum performance, you should not forget the breakfast – it must be the most important meal of the day. Eat vegetable salads during winter, not only in summer, as they contain many vitamins and minerals needed by the body.
- At night, before going to bed, do not eat excessively, but have just a light dinner that includes yogurt and vegetables, especially if you want to lose weight, having a little problem with obesity.
- Avoid very spicy food and also alcoholic beverages. Spices used in foods encourage pore opening and the loss of heat. Eating bitter and salty foods contribute to the same issue.
- Smoking is an enemy of health, as it leads to premature skin aging and favours the wrinkles.
- Body hydration is very important, as it helps eliminating toxins from the body. The best drinks are juices, herbal teas and generally diuretic drinks which do not contain alcohol. If you consume coffee, it’s good to drink every time a glass of water.
- A hot water bath helps the body, relaxes and calms the body, muscles and spirit. Each time after bath, the body has to be wiped with a towel so as to massage the feet, hands and other body parts in the heart direction. This is a simple method to eliminate fatigue.
- During winter, support the immune system with a diet rich in fruits and vegetables that contain many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Doctors have concluded that many diseases are related to vitamin deficiency in the body.
- The body is in great need of a great amount of fibre as this primarily helps one get rid of toxins. Those who do not eat enough fibres should understand that they balance our digestive tract, so without them the body’s energy would be smaller and different health problems, more or less serious, may appear.
- In winter, you have to drink warm liquids and eat warm foods because they also have beneficial effects on our cardiovascular system, including the heart. Unlike hot food, cold food slows the digestive process because the body needs energy to keep warm. It is good for the food to be cooked on low heat so it will keep its nutritional elements that help strengthen the immune system.
- It is very important to do sports, because our body is designed so. Thus, our health depends on the pace of life, on how active we are, on how many exercises we do every day.
- Hand hygiene should not be forgotten. Whenever you come from outside, you must wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water whether you sit at the table or not.
These few methods help us stay healthy in winter, but also help us be happier and have a better mood.