People would have to admit that there are sometimes forced into situations wherein they are not that comfortable. Yet they know that they still have to do it because they are required to do so. More often than not, people experience anxiety when they know that they are not comfortable with the situation. The anxiety is stressing them out and this can lead to a variety of other conditions. Whenever people are anxious, they usually feel like they are panicking and that they can barely think. Aside from that, people also experience severe chest pains during periods of anxiety.
Some people have said that they can deal with a lot of things that they feel when they are having anxiety attacks but what they cannot deal with that well is the anxiety chest pain. Chest pain anxiety is usually felt above the heart and the pain is usually very sudden. It becomes harder to breathe while people are experiencing the pain but it does get better eventually. It does not last long but there is a possibility that it can develop to more serious heart conditions.
Why Do People Develop Chest Pains When Feeling Anxiety?
Since the body knows that you are experiencing a situation wherein you are not comfortable, your body is telling you that you should leave and you should go. Your body releases a huge load of energy that will enable you to get out of the situation that you are currently in. Since people do not usually leave when feeling anxious, this leads to a full blown attack complete with chest pains.
When the chest pain does not stop and lasts longer than a few minutes, the other symptoms that may be experienced are the following:
- Palpitations – The fast beating of the heart.
- Shortness of Breath – Since chest pain can make it harder for people to breathe, it is normal for people to experience shortness of breath.
- Dizziness – As we know, when people lack oxygen in the body, it causes the body to shut down naturally and this can cause people to feel a bit lightheaded.
Aside from the symptoms mentioned above, it is also likely that people will also experience a certain tingling sensation at their hands and feet.
How to Stop Anxiety Chest Pains
If in case you are already experiencing the chest pain and you cannot deal with it, remember that you should not panic about it because this will only worsen your condition. What you can do instead are the following:
- Know an anxiety control technique that will enable you to let go of all of your anxiety and focus on the situation that is in front of you. More often than not, people do breathing exercises while they close their eyes. This makes people relax and use the energy released by the body for other things instead of just developing into chest pains.
- Once you have already controlled your emotions, you may want to pep talk yourself as to the real reason why you are feeling anxious. Is it because it is something new; is it something that you should really be anxious about? Most of the time, the situations are just simple situations that people can go through.
- Have a healthy eating habit. You may not realize this now but the food that you are going to eat can also affect how anxious you will be the whole day. Having healthy eating habits will help you to think more rationally. Remember that you should not skip breakfast because this can make the body sluggish and slow to cope the whole day.
- Reduce smoking and drinking. A lot of people have associated smoking and drinking to relieving stress but studies show that they can make the heart palpitate more and eventually lead people to become more anxious. Being anxious of course can lead to anxiety chest pains.
- Get regular exercise. According to reports, exercising can help reduce stress caused about by work or other situations. People are recommended to get about 30 minutes of exercise every day but most people do not get more than five since they just stay in their offices for a long period of time.